Panel Pages

Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Sports For Jesus


Deuteronomy 31:6 Be strong and courageous. Do not fear or be in dread of them, for it is the LORD your God who goes with you. He will not leave you or forsake you.”


Matthew 19:26 But Jesus looked at them and said, “With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.”


Isaiah 40:31 But they who wait for the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles; they shall run and not be weary; they shall walk and not faint.


Psalm 37:23-24   The steps of a man are established by the LORD, when he delights in his way; though he fall, he shall not be cast headlong, for the LORD upholds his hand.



1Timothy 4:12 Let no one despise you for your youth, but set the believers an example in speech, in conduct, in love, in faith, in purity.


2Timothy 2:5 An athlete is not crowned unless he competes according to the rules.



Hebrews 12:11 For the moment all discipline seems painful rather than pleasant, but later it yields the peaceful fruit of righteousness to those who have been trained by it.



Philippians 2:3 Do nothing from selfish ambition or conceit, but in humility count others more significant than yourselves.


Philippians 4:13 
I can do everything through him who gives me strength.


Galatians 6:9 
Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up.


1 John 5:4b 
This is the victory that has overcome the world, even our faith.


1 Corinthians 9:25 
Everyone who competes in the games goes into strict training. They do it to get a crown that will not last; but we do it to get a crown that will last forever.


1 Timothy 4:8
“Physical training is good, but training for godliness is much better, promising benefits in this life and in the life to come.” 


Colossians 3:23-24
“Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men, since you know that you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as a reward. It is the Lord Christ you are serving.”


Psalm 105:4
“Look to the LORD and his strength; seek his face always.”


Isaiah 41:10
“So do not fear, for I am with you; Do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.” (NIV)


Matthew 5:14-16 
“You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house. In the same way, let your light shine before men, that they may see your good deeds and praise your Father in heaven.” 


Romans 5 :3-4 
“We glory in tribulations also: knowing that tribulation worketh patience; and patience, experience; and experience, hope.”


1 Corinthians 10:31
“So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God.” 


Galatians 5 :13-14
“Ye have been called unto liberty; only use not liberty for an occasion to the flesh, but by love serve one another. For all the law is fulfilled in one word, even in this; Thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself.” 


1 Corinthians 6:19-20
 “Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your body.”


Philippians 4:6 
“Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.” 

Psalm 18:32-36
It is God who arms me with strength and makes my way perfect. He makes my feet like the feet of a deer; he enables me to stand on the heights. He trains my hands for battle; my arms can bend a bow of bronze. You give me your shield of victory, and your right hand sustains me; you stoop down to make me great. You broaden the path beneath me, so that my ankles do not turn.


Psalm 27:3,5,13-14
Though an army may encamp against me, my heart shall not fear; though war may rise against me, In this I will be confident. For in the time of trouble he shall hide me in his pavilion; in the secret place of his tabernacle he shall hide me; he shall set me high upon a rock. I would have lost heart, unless I had believed that I would see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living. Wait on the Lord; be of good courage, and he shall strengthen your heart; wait, I say, on the Lord!



Matthew 17:20
If you have faith as a grain of mustard seed, you will say to your mountain, "MOVE!" and it WILL move... and NOTHING will be impossible for YOU!


Timothy 1:7
For God has not given us a spirit of timidity, but of power and love and discipline.


Corinthians 9:24-25
Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one gets the prize? Run in such a way as to get the prize. Everyone who competes in the games goes into strict training. They do it to get a crown that will not last; but we do it to get a crown that will last forever.



Joshua 1:8
I promise you what I promised Moses: ‘Wherever you place foot, you’ll be on land i’ve given you … Nobody might be ready to stand against you so long as you reside. For i’ll be with you as i used to be with Moses. i cannot fail you or abandon you.


Isaiah 58:11
The Lord will guide you usually, he’ll satisfy your needs in a sun-scorched land. You’ll be like a spring whose waters never fail.


Psalm 32:8
i’ll instruct you and teach you within the way it’s good to go, i am going to counsel you and watch over you.

No comments:

Post a Comment